EAGLES(イーグルス)
【後楽園1937年〜38年、イーグルス39年】 
 

 後楽園球場の発起人である押川清、河野安通志たちは球団と球場は一対であるべきたと考えていた。
 つまりプロ野球球団のフランチャズ制度の確立を、すでにこの時代に考えていたワケですね。
 1937年1月18日、建設中の後楽園球場を親会社とする後楽園野球倶楽部が発足、名古屋軍の総監督をつとめていた河野安通志は辞表を提出して、理想の球団作りを夢見てこのチームに合流した。
 そして2月5日、後楽園野球倶楽部は、1年前から活動を開始していた日本職業野球連盟に加盟する。
 ニックネームとして採用されたのはイーグルス。
 天かける猛禽の王者、鷲の威風から河野安通志らによって命名されたと言われている。
 この球団の加盟で、それまでの7球団が8球団となりスケジュールの編成に無駄がなくなり、連盟はこれを機に、トーナメント戦から年間を通じたリーグ戦形式に切り換えた。しかし当時のプロ野球は一試合あたりの観客動員が1400人にも満たない状態で、採算ベースに到達するまでには至らず、球場も球団も経営は苦しかった。
 で、結局、後楽園球場はイーグルスを維持しきれなくなり、両者は絶縁、別の道を歩むコトになる。
 後楽園球場から別れたイーグルスは河野らの奔走もあり、大日本麦酒(現在のアサヒビールとサッポロビール)社長の高橋竜太郎の援助でなんとか球団の維持にこぎつける。
 40年の日本語化では球団名を黒鷲軍に改名、42年になると球団の後援会長だった大和製作所社長の佐伯謙吉が引き取り、会社名から大和軍と改称した。
 しかしこれも長くは続かず、結局43年には職業野球の理想を目指した球団は解散した。
Eagles (Korakuen 1937-38, Eagles 1939)

Mr. Kiyoshi Oshikawa and Mr. Atsushi Kono, who were the builders of Korakuen Stadium, had the idea that a baseball team and its home ground should be united. They'd already thought about developing a franchise in professional baseball at that time.
In 1937, the Korakuen baseball club was started. Mr. Kono was the manager of the Nagoya gun at that time but he dreamed of having an ideal baseball team, quit Nagoya and joined the Korakuen Baseball Club. It joined the Japan Professional Baseball Association on February 5 in 1938. The team was nicknamed "Eagles" which is the king of predatory birds and has a majestic image.
Adding the Eagles made it an eight-team League. That made it possible to improve the scheduling, so they decided to have a league championship game instead of a tournament. At that time, the average number of spectators were less than 1400 people and both the stadium and baseball team had financial difficulties. As a result, they broke off their partnership. The Eagles kept the team thanks to Mr. Kono's great effort to get financial support from the president of Dai Nihon Beer (today's Asahi Beer and Sapporo), Mr. Ryutaro Takahashi.
In 1940, the team was forced to use a Japanese name so they re-named the team Kurotaka Gun, ("black eagles"). In 1942, Mr. Kenkichi Saeki, who was the president of Yamato Seisakusho, bought the team and named it Yamato Gun. However, it didn't last for long and the team was disbanded in 1943.